Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Singles' Awareness Day

I've never been a fan of Valentine's Day. I mean, I love holidays and reasons to celebrate, but I'm uncomfortable with mushy things, and Valentine's Day is the ultimate in sappy mush. Ack! But I wish you all a happy Valentine's Day anyway, because in reality, there is nothing wrong with taking at least one day of the year to celebrate your relationship. Getting married is one of the best decisions I ever made, and even after being together 6 years, we still appreciate each other and make one another laugh every day.


Ok, so there's my mushiness quota for the year. The real purpose of this entry to ramble on about nothing in particular. Steve and I just had dinner of leftover pizza and garlic bread, which we ate while watching X-Files. I'm about to do some yoga then spend the rest of the night doing homework. I've been a slacker this week. I couldn't do anymore homework. I couldn't focus, couldn't read, questioned why I even bother to go to school, so I "skipped class," and didn't finish my weekly assignments. It will put a small ding in my grade, but it did a lot to help my mental health. When you get to a point where you can't do it anymore, stop and take a break. Now, I'm excited to start a new week and I'm reading ahead on my textbooks. I have one or two papers due each week for the next 5wks of the quarter. Wish me luck!

Steve's mom is doing as well as to be expected. She is sick for a week after the chemo, then is fine for the two weeks before she has to get her next treatment. She is starting to lose her hair. At least things are going as well as they can. She sent us a box of See's candy for Valentine's Day, which Steve and I are devouring.

My new laptop is supposed to arrive on Wednesday. YAY!!! My current laptop is about 4 years old. It's still doing ok, but it's starting to give out and we need a reliable computer. The old one will be Steve's, and I'll get the new one. Steve and I are also discussing getting a flat screen TV soon. We will have to see what our tax return is like, first.

Later,

Carolyn


Random Quotes:


Me: Hilary, will you please check the address on this referral to make sure it's accurate, and that I'm not as stupid as I look?


Hilary, unsure of quite what to say to that, accidentally says: You can't be that stupid.


~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~


Overheard at work: Stay away from those pieces of lettuce that hurt you.

No comments: