Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Almost a Year

It's been almost a year since I updated. Think it's time?

I have been in a writing mood. I can't stop! I want to write all the time. Before, I spent my time writing school papers, and now all that energy is going into writing stories and my new suicide survivor blog (more about that later). And if you can believe it, writing all those papers has greatly improved my overall writing. I feel like I have finally figured out how to do it. Maybe that's why I am so eager to write, because I want to try out my new ideas and continue to get better at it. Al and I wrote bookstore stories years ago while at work, and I've been rewriting those. I've got a lot of good ideas, and I think they could be really good, fun stories if I do this right. They need a complete overhaul, but when they are worthy, I may post some of them here or on another website.

I started suicide survivor blog about a month ago. It's been helpful for me to write about my experiences, even if no one reads it. I'm going to spend some time learning html and website design, and when I have it looking the way I want it, I will start advertising. For now, I am making sure to post consistently. I want to have a good database of entries in case people do visit it.

And the writing bug has spread to this blog. I will probably be updating this more often now that I have time. I can't promise I will say anything interesting, but it will make me feel better, anyway.

Later,
Carolyn

P.S. Forgive all the typos. I've had a headache all day.

Random Quotes:

Darlene: Deanne wants me to get the stickers off the filing cabinet since I am the one who put them on there, but I don't want to.

Me: You need to learn to accept the consequences of your actions, Darlene.

Darlene: You mean, don't put a label on something because you might need to remove it four years later?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve: Harry Potter should have taken online classes; he could have avoided the whole mess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Written on a referrals:

Language: Large Print
Mental Health Diagnosis: Unreasonable demands
Allergies: Sulfa (WWII)
Allergic Reaction: zombie

No comments: