Thursday, June 25, 2009

Time Goes On

I admit I am sad to hear Michael Jackson died today. True, he was a few fries short of a Happy Meal, but I liked his music, and he's an 80s icon. Even sadder that he was only 50 years old and unexpected. I'm beginning to fear my 50s. Good thing they're still 24 years away.

I'm exhausted! The past couple of days I've done nothing but load songs onto my iPod and stare blankly at the TV. Get this, I've been going to bed before 11 p.m., too. Wow! That really says something. Yesterday, I climbed into bed at 9;30 and slept soundly until my alarm went off at 7:30 a.m. I wish I could have taken a few days off for myself before I went back to work, but after all this, I don't have much vacation time.

Today, I was able to go back to my regularly stationed West Seattle office for the first time in 2 months. I attended the mandatory training meeting, and everyone stood up to introduce themselves. When it was my turn, all the psych nurses applauded, excited that I was able to come back for a day. "We're gonna let the air out her tires so she won't leave again!" It really made me miss my job. I wish things were the way they were 6 months ago, when I had a job I loved. Oh well. There will be positions opening up in West Seattle by the end of the year. I need to hang in there!

Al is coming to visit me tomorrow. YAY AL!!! Next we can schedule a time to get together with Sabrina. Keesha also emailed me the other day. I was beginning to think she vanished off the face of the earth.

Later,
Carolyn

No comments: