Monday, November 2, 2009

My Wedding

Yes! I did get married October 24, 2009. Steve and I had planned it for months, and decided to go ahead with our plans despite the...err...setback. You can see pictures on my facebook, or take a look at Sabrina's blog.


http://woodfamilystories.blogspot.com/


The wedding was small, only Sabrina, Tony, Syrah, and Al (who flew in from Hawaii just for me) at the ceremony which was held at the Bellevue Court House. Syrah had a great time running around before, during, and after the ceremony. It kept Sabrina and Tony busy, but I liked having my niece there. And it was awesome to see Al again!


Sabrina was kind enough to host our reception at her house. Again, it as small. The 6 of us were joined by Sabrina's parents and my good friend Scott (http://marlowe1356.blogspot.com/). Sabrina and her mom did a fantastic job of setting things up and decorating. We had a light lunch, cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory for dessert, and some kind of yummy lemonade/berry cider to drink. Sabrina and Al even went to the trouble of decorating my car.


Steve and I left that night for our "honeymoon." We had planned to spend the night in Portland so we could stop by Powell's, but when we got to Portland, it was only 6:30 pm, so we kept driving. We stopped in Roseburg, Oregon overnight and drove the last 13 hours to my grandma's place in Bishop, California the next day. We got there around 11 pm, which gave us an extra day to spend with her. The drive was gorgeous, and Steve's first time seeing the desert and Western landscapes.


We didn't do a whole lot in California, mainly relaxing and enjoying being away from home. My grandma and I spent a couple of nights talking the hot tub. We went to eat at some good places, and drove up into the mountains one day. The weather was cool, and one day we had a bad windstorm. The next day, Steve and I helped my grandma rake the branches and leaves out of her fish ponds. The last night, Steve and I went for a walk in the desert at night and stumbled across a pet cemetery. It was kinda creepy waving a flashlight around and suddenly seeing a white cross light up, but the cemetery was peaceful, and it was fun to see how devoted people are to their pets. My grandpa was feeling the best he'd felt in a long time. For the first time in 6 months, he was able to walk past the end of the driveway, and accompany us to a Western Movie Museum.


We started our drive home Friday afternoon, but we came back through Utah so I could load my car with some things from my dad's place. We stayed with Barbie and met my mom and Gary for breakfast. Afterwards, we drove 12 hours straight home, getting home around 11 pm. It took a bit longer because it was dark, rainy, and foggy through the Snoqualmie pass. Quite the adventure getting through there, but I drove safely, and I admit it enjoyed the creepiness a bit.

When I got home, I was surprised to find a bouquet of flowers, a couple books, and a few cards from my coworkers. I was not forgotten! My coworkers started a pool to help pay for my travel expenses for flying to Utah. I won't say how much they collected, but I will tell you it was a good chunk of money, and will pay for most of the plane tickets. I love my job!

Once things calm down, Steve and I will have a bigger reception and invite all my friends.

Later,
Carolyn

Random Quote:

Krystal: I have to eat you, Mr. Hippo!

No comments: