I'm exhausted. I'm in one of those giggly moods, where you find everything funny. Here are some of the things I find hilarious at the moment:
***Saturday, I was spending my iTunes gift cards, and I couldn't remember the name of a song. I called up Al. "Hi, Al. I'm going to sing to you. What's the name of the song we liked? [singing] 'I'm not paralyzed but I seem to be struck by you!"" Al: "I don't know. Can't you type the lyrics into Google and find out?" Me: ...Umm...Yeah, I guess that would have been less humiliating. I get a text message a couple hours later from Al: "Great, now I can't get that song out of my head!" So it wasn't a complete loss. By the way, the song is called "Paralyzer" by Finger Eleven.
***Today driving home from work, I was stopped at a red light and there a guy walking down the street. He jumps up and kicks over a construction sign, knocking it into the road, and kept on walking. WTF???
***Yesterday, Steve was washing dishes at the sink. Feeling goofy, I went up and put my hand on Steve's butt. He immediately says, "You have four seconds." Four seconds until what? Till he turns around and kisses me? Until he's done doing dishes so we can watch a movie? He starts counting down, "Four...three..." and he farts. "Oops! I went early." Thanks, honey, I'm going to go wash my hand now.
***At work, Krystal was talking to Wendy about some problems she was having with a friend. I was half listening, half reading a chart, and I accidentally misread, "She's refusing to take meds because they make her suicidal and constipated" to be "She's refusing to make friends because they make her suicidal and constipated."
***Again, at work, Krystal was across the room at Wendy's desk when her own computer made a random beeping noise. Krystal turns around angrily to her computer, "What do you mean 'dink'?!!"
*** I read this in an email:
How would you pronounce this child's name?
"Le-a"
Leah?? NO
Lee - A?? NOPE
Lay - a?? NO
Lei?? Guess again.
This child attends a school in Kansas City, MO. Her mother is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong.
It's pronounced "Ledasha." When the mother was asked about the pronunciation of the lame, she said, "the dash don't be silent."
So, if you see something come across your desk like this please remember to pronounce the dash. If they ask you why, tell them the dash don't be silent!
Later,
Carolyn
No comments:
Post a Comment