I am only on a few hours of sleep right now, and I gave myself permission to take the night off from homework, so I'm a bit loopy. I'm just excited to have free time. Please forgive any typos.
There isn't much to report. I finished week 3 of my 10-week online Abnormal Psychology class. I was up until 11pm finishing my paper, which I got way into writing, and for once I had a paper that was too long. I had to shorten it, and there is even more stuff I wanted to include. Who'd have thought researching posttraumatic stress disorder could be so interesting? *shrug* I am really enjoying taking one class at a time instead of two. I'm able to put more quality into my work. My teacher was so impressed with one of my assignments, he didn't dock me all the points for turning it in a day late. Never had that happen before. I'm hoping I can continue taking classes, but we'll see. It's also very hard emotionally right now...which is why that assignment was a day late.
I'm finally reading the Harry Potter books. Steve and I have enjoyed watching the movies together (though we didn't finish the fourth one because...well...it sucks, but I hope the rest will be better). The first two are my favorite, and I have just started the second book. It's great to be able to read again, and these books are light and fluffy enough to be a good break from my text book.
This week I plan to get on to a couple of real estate sites, check out some houses, and see if Steve and I can agree on what we both want. I want lots of windows, he doesn't. I rather have large rooms even if it means less of them, and he rather have more rooms even if they are small. We have entirely different ideas of home decor. He wants patchwork quilts, bird houses, butter churns, flowers, and possibly a cow with a nice shiny bell to give us fresh milk every morning. He describes my taste as stuff that looks like it could be from an alien spaceship...or the modernistic, weird shaped, contorted, new agey crap. We might have to settle on a decor theme of Farming in Space. Wish us luck!
The cleaning my apartment project is moving along. Sabrina walked into my apartment last time she was up and right away said, "Something is different." I'm not even done yet! I hope this place will look awesome by the time Barbie comes up March 4.
I'm about done rambling, so I'm going to go back to reading my Dilbert 2.0 book. I've got a hundred more pages. I'm a little disappointed these isn't more commentary from Scott Adams, but I've read so much of his work that I can probably guess accurately what he was thinking without it.
Later,
Carolyn
1 comment:
Farm in Space, eh? Yeah, I dig it. ^_^ (I agree with you, though-I love that spaceship feeling!)
Post a Comment