First, let me say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! to my mother and all my mother friends. I hope your children and husbands are good to you today. I called my mom to wish her a happy mother's day, and she wished me one back. Very subtle, mom. Got the hint, thanks.
Apparently owning a betta makes you a fish expert. For the past 3 yrs I've worked with Evergreen, I've had a pet betta sitting on my desk. So, one of the supervisors brought her betta in for me to fix. Its eye is puffed up, and it's either lying on the bottom of the bowl or laying over the tops of the fake plants. Oh, it's so sad to look at! The poor fish! I brought in my betta book and we diagnosed it with Pop-Eye. It's uncommon, but caused by poor water conditions. She changes the water once a week, but she overfeeds it, lets the extra food sit in the bowl, and wonders why the water gets clowdy. Yeah, I'd be sick too if I had to swim around in rotten food. The treatment is to change the water frequently, maybe add some aquarium salt. The prognosis is good, but it makes me angry when people have pets they can't take care of. I've earned the nickname of "Fish Whisperer" at work. Perhaps I shouldn't remind them that that one of my bettas committed suicide by jumping out its bowl.
Sabrina came up to visit me yesterday. We walked around Bellevue Square and the park, had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, and ate ice cream and watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding. It was a gorgeous day, perfect for letting Syrah run around. When Syrah finally took a nap, Sabrina put her on my bed. I went in the bedroom a bit later to check on Steve and found Syrah and Harley asleep on the bed, and Steve curled up asleep on the floor. Glad we've established a pecking order.
I'm getting excited for Sex and the City 2!!! I don't know what to expect, but I hope it's as good as the last movie. http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810111276/video/19043407/
Scott burned us season 3 of The Big Bang Theory, which Steve and I have been devouring. Steve was trying to figure out the lyrics to the theme song, so I googled it and found this website, which has the entire song and video. http://www.tv.com/the-big-bang-theory/theme-lyrics/topic/76634-881860/msgs.html. Now, Steve and I will turn to each other and sing, "They froze their asses off!" and laugh like little children.
Nothing else to report. Steve and I are driving out to Port Angeles this weekend to visit Stan. It's been a year since we've gone, and we always have a great time. Might take him to see the new Robin Hood movie.
Later,
Carolyn
Random Quotes (I have a lot saved up):
To continue with the fish story from above, we put the sick fish on a table by the conference room. Kari came in an asked what the problem with the fish was, and when we told her, she said, "Well, I'd be sick too if I was all alone next to the hand sanitizer."
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
Mary came into the office after Teatro Zinzanni (see previous entry) and asked Angela why everyone was dressed up yesterday. When Angela told her, she said, "Oh, I was just wondering why it smelled like a French whore house in here this morning."
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
When Krystal's car broke down, she'd have her fiance drop her off at QFC by my house in the morning, and then she'd walk over when it was time for us to leave for work. One morning, she showed up early because she thought it would take her 15 minutes to walk across the street to my place. I told Steve this, he looked at my for a moment, then said, "Next time tell her to buy us donuts. That should take 15 minutes."
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
I was helping Kari find the right code to enter for the discharge reason on a patients of hers who died. One of the options was Home Health Death. What???
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
Steve heard me say in my sleep, "There are cows everywhere!"
1 comment:
You have the 3rd season of Big Bang theory?? So jealous right now! When I come out in July, I'm coming over to watch it. Oh, and to see you. ^_^
Post a Comment