Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

This morning I woke up to Stars and Stripes, Star-Spangled Banner, and America the Beautiful. I love to feel patriotic. I love my country. We're not perfect, but we have our freedom, and that's what matters to me. The cemetery across the street holds a Memorial Day service every year. I've never gone to the service, but I love it when they put the flags up. It's a gorgeous sight, and an wonderful way to honor our country and those who have died.








Thank you to all of those who have fought, will fight, and are currenty fighting for our country and freedom. Steve's dad and Ben, to name the two I know. It's important that we take time out show gratitude.

I also want to take a moment to honor those who I have loved and lost.

My great-grandma Evenda, who lived to be 100. Congrats! I miss your candy bowl and yard full of fruit trees.

My grandma Cleah. You kept the family together. I miss holiday and birthday dinners at your house, and all the old board games we played afterwards.

My grandma's husband Martin. I'm glad Steve got to meet you, and that I got to see you one last time before you died. Thank you for making my grandma so happy.


My dad. I just miss everything about you. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you. Thank you for everything you've done for me. I wish we had more time together.

And a big thank you to all my friends past and present who have always been there for me.

No comments: