Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I don't want summer to be over yet!

Spider season is here, and it's going to be a rough one. They are out in full force, spinning webs, darting across floors, and dangling from the ceilings, and it's much worse than last year. Steve has killed over a dozen spiders in our garage and around the house, and 2 in the house in the past week. We have an official spider-killing broom. Krystal has killed at least 3 in our office, and other office staff are reporting seeing several at the office and in their homes in the past week. I'm in a constant state of anxiety, startled by anything and always on alert, but I will make it! Last night, I found a spider while sweeping the entryway and called for Steve to come rescue me. Once the spider was squished and thrown away, Steve commented that I was doing well with all the spiders, and that he was impressed at how brave I've been. Huzzah! For all you Ghost Hunters fan, this is where we'd fist bump, "On to the next!"

I don't have pictures of the house yet. I don't have any good excuses other than I'm lazy, there are boxes everywhere, and the batteries in my camera are dead. However, if you didn't see the post where I announced the house we were making an offer on...well, that's the house we bought and here's the link to it again. I wish it had more pictures of the inside, though the yard was a major selling point.


Things are going well. We're slowly unpacking, have the loft set up, have a mattress for the guest room (thanks, Sabrina!), and we're excited about the plans we have for all the rooms. Steve and I are slowly exploring our new neighborhood. We've walked to the Maple Valley Library a couple of times, and plan to walk to Lake Wilderness soon. There isn't a whole lot to explore since I lived only a few miles from here in junior high/high school. It feels a little weird...almost like a step backwards in life. I get all sorts of memories driving into town, but no matter because I'm forming new memories and associations.

This is my last week of school, and I decided to take fall quarter off. There's too much going on fall quarter, and I will probably be an emotional wreck, so I decided that homework would not be good. Still planning on Disneyland in November and a trip to Hawaii in January.

Here's a picture from Krystal's wedding August 8.



My co-workers left to right: Karen, Liz, Tim, me, Krystal, Kandyce, Wendy, Angela, Katherine. We go out for happy hour occasionally, and it was fun to see everyone dressed up.

I don't know what else to say, so I'll stop now.

Later,
Carolyn

Random Quotes/Stories:

Krystal got a call about a man who was shooting fairies in his house, and the referent didn't understand why we couldn't go out there until the firearms were removed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Barbie overheard a coworker on the phone: "You can never prepare for when an alien spacecraft is going to crash into you. That sort of thing happens all the time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Typo on a fax we received: "Evergreen In Home Mental House." Yeah, that pretty describes us.




No comments: