Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer!

Not a whole lot has happened since I last updated. Summer has officially started, and temperatures are at their Seattle summer average in the high 70s and low 80s. Lots of sunshine and blue skies for the past couple weeks, and for the past few days, I feel like nothing can get me down. It’s like I’m back to my old self, back before all the drama of the past few years. I like it, but it’s a little strange rediscovering this person again. Hmm…


For the 4th of July, Kendall and Sara came over. We walked to Lake Wilderness for the firework show. It was a hot, clear day, and the view of Mt. Rainier over the water with fireworks was amazing. I love where I live! It was also good to see Sara again.

Steve and I painted our bedroom walls a grey/blue color, and the ceiling with a lighter grey/blue color on Saturday. I love the colors, but I need to do something about the trim. It’s got a glossy finish on that I can’t paint over, and it’s mustardy/sand color that doesn’t match at all. I either need to replace it or sand it to paint over it. This is the first room in our house to be painted, and I’m excited to start more painting and home décor projects.

Kendall came over on Monday, and we walked north on the Lake Wilderness trail until we came to the Cedar River. We stopped to wade in the water for a few minutes, then headed back. It was at least a 2hr walk, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I missed Kendall while he was in India, and it’s nice that he’s staying at his parents’ house a few miles from here so I can hoard him a bit until he moves to Seattle.

On Saturday, I’m hosting a small barbeque with my friends. The weather is supposed to be sunny and 78, and I’m excited to see everyone and have Sabrina’s kids running around the backyard. The Saturday after that is the neighborhood yard sale, and I’ll be putting out some things hoping to make a couple bucks.

In August, Steve and I are going to visit my mom and grandma in California. My mom is staying out there for the summer to help my grandma with the photography business, and I thought I would take advantage of them both being together. Steve is excited to see more of Bishop, the small town my grandma lives in.

In September, Steve and I are flying to Florida to visit my brother for a long weekend. I have never been to Florida, but I will make sure to take pack my summer clothes (if I have any). I don’t know what we’ll do, but the beach is high on my list, along with a large cat rescue center. How can I not go see tigers? I was also thinking of going to Wet’n’Wild, Busch Gardens, or Universal Studios. I decided against Disney World because when I go there for the first time, I want to take a whole week and see it all.

That’s all to report right now. Work is good. Not being in school is good. Life is good.

Later,
Carolyn

No comments: