There is something about my grandma’s house that makes me relax the second I walk through her door. We spent a lot of time doing nothing, just lying around, watching TV, and reading by her fish pond. It was 104 degrees most days we were there, so that eliminated a lot of outdoor activities until the evening. Steve and I took a walk to the pet cemetery and admired all the little graves decorated with trinkets and toys to remember a lost pet. Steve found the place jogging at night last time we were in Bishop in 2009. We went back there the following night, so this was our first time seeing it in the daylight.
One day, we drove up to South Lake and Lake Sabrina.
The above is South Lake. There were a lot of people out fishing. We did one lap around it, skipped some rocks, posed for some pictures, and then drove to Lake Sabrina.
It was breathtakingly gorgeous! I got of the car and said, “Wow!” We hiked to the island in the middle and watched the sun go down. You can see me in the bottom left corner, the bright red thing.
When I got home, I got a positive pregnancy test! I immediately called the doctor and went in for an ultrasound at 6 weeks to make sure the pregnancy wasn’t ectopic like my previous one. The baby was in the right spot, and my hormone levels were exactly where they should it. It was a viable pregnancy. Steve and I were so excited! We were due April 18, 2013.
No comments:
Post a Comment