Carolyn just found out the Death's Time:
Date: December 15 of 2082 at 5:20 am.
Cause: Cut in half by elevator
Age: 100 years old
I've always said nothing good happens before noon. I can't imagine what would have me wandering the halls at 5 a.m., though if I'm 100 years old, it could be suicide.
I LOVED Wicked!!! What a great play! It's much better than the Wizard of Oz, though that's not saying much. I might have to give the book another try...then again, maybe I should just enjoy the play and forget the book exists. It's rare when something is better than the book, and maybe I shouldn't ruin it by forcing myself to like the book. I gave up on it for a reason.
I started my new job on Tuesday. YAY!!! Things are going well. I haven't done anything yet, just observation, and I admit that watching someone do data entry is a tad on the boring side. I know I will enjoy the job once I'm able to to do stuff, but you know what it's like the first couple of weeks on the job, you feel useless.
It's great to be back in West Seattle with my friends again! I'm riding with my carpool buddy, and I have my new desk set up with most of my toys. I still have to put up some Dilbert and other fun stuff, but I'll get there. Judy brought my fish Azul back. She took him home to take care of him when I left him behind to go Kirkland. I stacked a few ICD-9 coding books to raise him up so I could see him behind my phone. My new desk is smaller. It's just that, a desk. I'm going from the padded walls of a cubicle to a desk against an ugly-colored wall by the door. I think a cardboard box on the side of the road is next, but hey, I'm happy. You don't need to keep me away from the elevators yet.
Steve and I went jogging today, and I was able to go the whole mile without walking. WAHOO!!! My next move is to get a stopwatch. My high school record is an 8 minute mile. I'm sure I can do better than that in time. I wasn't trying too hard in high school.
If you ever want to feel young, try a game of catch. I was getting ready for bed when Steve asks me, "Do you want to play catch?" *blink blink* I gave in. We sat on opposite sides of the living room and tossed juggling balls back and forth for a couple minutes. It's the little things in life.
Later,
Carolyn
1 comment:
Too funny at the game of catch! You have the coolest death ever. I'm going to watch myself if i go near elevators with you.
Post a Comment