Tuesday, September 15, 2009

RIP Patrick Swayze

In junior high I was briefly best friends with a girl named Rochelle. She came over to my house for a sleepover and saw that we had Dirty Dancing and Ghost and insisted we watch them. I didn't know anything about them, but being a typical teenaged hormonal girl, I fell in love with them and Patrick Swayze. I even learned to play She's Like the Wind on the piano, and anxiously awaited Sunday nights for the next episode of North and South. A couple months later, I was reading an interview with Swayze in People magazine and was horrified to find out that he smoked. That ended my crush right then and there. How could he let me down like that? Tsk tsk. I can forgive him for that now, and I am going to miss him. He is, afterall, still the star of my favorite guilty pleasure chick flick. I would probably be watching Dirty Dancing right now in his memory if Steve wouldn't lock himself in the bedroom until it was over.

Things are going well right now. Life is good, my job is good, my Steve is good, my cat is good, my friends all seem good. Isn't that good?

I've been spending a lot of my time writing. I have a story I've been working on on and off since sixth grade. I struggled with the plot and character development for the longest time, and I think it's really starting to come together now. What's fun is reading what I wrote when I was twelve. I can't believe I ever thought it was ok for my bad guy to say, "Prepare to meet your doom!" Yeah, I'm really scared. So...you can imagine how much work it has been. I'm just under halfway through my first rewrite and the story has grown from 87 to 110 pages.

I'm catching on to my new job quickly, and I've been able to enter several referrals on my own. I'm loving it! I no longer dread worker, and I'm less stressed. I'm not as moody or bitchy as I was two weeks ago, and I have energy after work. I'm so glad Steve is as tolerant as he is. :)

If you have a chance, read Scott Adam's blog http://www.dilbert.com/blog/. His entry for 9/15/09 called Inappropriate Witticisms is good, but be sure to read some of the comments.

Later,
Carolyn

Lousy Random Quote:

I sat down to play piano.

Steve comes up: You have cat toys all over your piano! How can you play like that? Did Mozart have cat toys on his piano?

Me: I don't know. He's dead.

Steve: What about Brahms? Or are you going to tell me he's dead too?

Not paying too much attention to Steve, I flippantly said something like: I can't play piano while you're playing with the cat. It's an insult.

Steve: Calling Brahms dead is an insult?

Me: I didn't say that.

Steve: Well, if it is an insult, it's justifiable, [deadpan Steve] 'cause he's dead.

No comments: