Oh, why does it have to be Sunday already? I like Sundays. I use them as a day of rest, just stay home and veg, but Sundays mean that I have to go back to work tomorrow. I think there should be a law that every worker is required to have a 3 day weekend and 32hrs is considered full-time.
Tomorrow also means the first day of school. I can't believe it's been a year since I went. Time goes so fast. I wouldn't go except that I have my scholarship to use, and it will probably be a while before I go back again. The priority this year is to buy a house and send Steve back to school. My schooling will have to wait a few years until Steve is settled in a new job.
Not much else going on. I've been working on cleaning my apartment. I mean, really cleaning it. I want it to be better than when I first moved in. I'm scrubbing floors, walls, windows, blinds, ceilings. I'm using bleach and everything. I've let so many things go for so long (mostly because I'm still young and ignorant about home maintenance), that it will take a while. I'm going to order some carpet cleaners from online this week. This won't all go to waste, since it will have to be done when we move out. I'm just getting a head start, and then I can enjoy the last few months here in a totally nice apartment. Well...as nice as this apartment can get.
I'm excited for Sabrina to come up this Friday, Barbie to come up in March, and a visit to my in-laws in March. My sister-in-law bought Steve and I tickets to Cirque du Soleil in June, and I'm excited about that, too. I love plays, theatre, circuses...I guess performance things in general.
Steve signed up for Facebook just to play Farmville. I don't know why that surprises me, but it's fun to have a guilty pleasure to do together. He's also been reading one of my stories and enjoying it. That surprises me, too. He's so critical about writing.
Time to heat up more breadsticks. I have the healthiest lunches. :)
Later,
Carolyn
Random Quotes:
Krystal forwarded an email to Adrienne that one of her patients had died. Adrienne's reply: "I glad she finally found better placement."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Harvey was sorting through a stack of referrals deciding which patients he wanted to see.
Harvey: "'Female clinician only.' Guess I better put that one back."
Me: "You mean you don't cross-dress to pick up new patients?"
Harvey: "No, not patients."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The soap dispenser in the bathroom was empty for about a week, and we had to wash our hands at the kitchen sink. Finally, I decided to stop stalling and refill it.
Steve: "Thanks for refilling the soap dispenser."
Me (grumbling): "Thanks for noticing it was empty."
1 comment:
Hey,
Sorry I couldn't come up on Friday? Are we good to hang out this Friday?
Post a Comment