Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a White Christmas, not a White Thanksgiving, but hey, I'll take any snow I can get. Steve and I have enjoyed going on a walk in it every night, including a trip down to Lake Wilderness, which was beautiful. It was also fun to see the kids sledding and building snowmen.

What I don't like is the cold and the ice. It took me 3 1/2 hrs to get home from work Monday, left at 3:30 and got home at 7:00. It took Steve 4 1/2 hrs. Traffic was bumper to bumper most of the way home, then lightened up 1/3 way down Maple Valley Highway, but it was still very slow going. It was dark and the roads were icy. I witnessed several spin outs and barely made it up the final last hill to my neighborhood. My office was closed Tuesday, and I decided not to go in to work Wednesday. There is still snow on the ground now, but it's melting. I hope it doesn't refreeze tonight and make it difficult to get to work tomorrow (yes, I am one of the unfortunate people who have to work the day after Thanksgiving).

Didn't do much for my birthday. We went for a walk in the snow, and Steve made me Fillet Mignon for dinner. We opened a good bottle of wine, and watched season two of Castle, who Steve's parents were kind enough to send us for both our birthdays...along with House season 6 and some other great stuff. Steve's birthday is Saturday, and we plan to have Amante Pizza and see my coworker's play in Federal Way.

For Thanksgiving, Steve and I are going to Kendall's parents house. It'll be great to have a turkey dinner. I love Thanksgiving foods, but I don't get them very often. Kendall's family is fun, too. I had a great time the last time I went to his place for Thanksgiving...7 yrs ago? Kendall and I also have to pick a date to go to Outback Steakhouse for our birthday dinner, a tradition we've had for many years.
Steve and I bought our Christmas tree last weekend, and we're slowly working on. Right now we have it up and the lights on it. Next the ornaments, and then the rest of the Christmas decorations. Steve and I picked the Hallmark ornament series "Father Christmas," and we plan to buy the next ornament in the series every year. Unfortunately, we're coming in on the 7th in the series, and will have to go back and buy the first 6...which is expensive, but will eventually do. I'm excited to have our first Christmas in our new house with our first Christmas tree. I asked Steve where we should put our little 12" tree that I've put up every year since 6th grade and have to keep the cat from knocking over, and he suggested we not set it up this year. WHAT?!? Oh...my poor little tree. We'll see. There are plenty of places for it.

I hope all of you have a happy, safe, and warm Thanksgiving.

No comments: