Yesterday, Steve and I drove down to Sabrina's house to celebrate her daughter, Syrah's, second birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SYRAH!!! She's gotten so big so fast, and it was an honor be included in the small gathering with her family and a few of her coworkers.
I found out a few weeks ago that Home Health is closing down the West Seattle branch by July 1 of next year. That means that by July 1, our entire office will be stationed at the Plaza in Kirkland. The economy isn't picking up, and they need to save money where they can. We all knew this was coming. They closed the Edmonds office last year, and they've been talking about closing our branch since I started working there 3 1/2 years ago. I'm not as worried about the move as some of my colleagues because I spent 5mos working there last year, but it will be a big change. I worry that our unique programs will disappear and my job will once again be absorbed by Home Health. I do not want to work for Home Health again. But if all goes well, there might be some perks. I'll get to see some of my Home Health friends again, and I might be able to work from home some. I hope so, because the commute will be a lot worse. Whether we move to Kirkland or not, I hope to be done with my bachelor's degree in the next 1 1/2 yrs and looking for another job anyway.
My mom wants to visit after Christmas and stay until New Years. She will look into a flight tomorrow. I hope she can make it. I always miss my family during the holidays. Steve and I better get to work fixing up the guest room for her. Steve's leaving me mid-December to visit his family. I'll need to pack that week with friend time so I don't get overwhelmed with loneliness. Then I need to look into a plan ticket to Hawaii to visit my Al.
Loving the house. The yard is a bit more maintenance than I wanted, but Steve and I can handle it. Our yard has turned into a mud pit, and the grass is drowning and being taken over by moss. With moss killer, fertilizer, and grass seed, we will prevail! Huzzah!
Nothing else to report. Just chilling. Steve and I finished dinner and Star Trek Voyager episode, and once he's done with the dishes, we will go for a walk, and I will work on my writing the rest of the evening.
My dad's condo has been on the market for about a month. Several people have gone through it, and it's all been positive. With luck, it will sale fast. My mom did a fantastic job with it. It looks like an entirely new place.
Later,
Carolyn
Random Quote:
This is on the back of a Ghirardelli chocolate bar, but imagine it's written about a hooker.
"Milder, perfectly balanced...notes have ripe red fruit flavors and lots of character creating an impeccable cacao. Light, yet vibrant...notes shine through this creamy dark chocolate with exquisitely smooth texture and creamy mouthfeel. For tempting pairings visit..."
Steve and I are in a goofy mood.
No comments:
Post a Comment