Friday, June 10, 2016

Blog CPR

After 3 years, I decided it was time to update my blog. If for any reason, because I want to stay in the habit of writing. I've been in a writing mood lately, but don't always want to work on a big story. This satiates that craving without all the hard work of figuring out plot and character development.

I stopped writing in this blog because life started to get better. After my dad's suicide, my three pregnancy losses, and winning my battle with depression (and a bunch of other crazy bad things that happened that I'm leaving out to keep this post short), I decided it was time to focus on learning who I was and just live. Life got boring. And I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean it in a YAY!!! FINALLY A NORMAL LIFE!!! THE SHIT TSUNAMI IS OVER!!! way. I wanted to enjoy having nothing to do, and that included not feeling obligated to update a blog.

And now I'm back. I have a two year old daughter, I quit my job to stay home with her, I have an Etsy shop selling memorial ornaments to help those who have also experienced losses, and my life couldn't be better. Sure, I get tired of boring every now and then, but for the first time since I was 12, I am not dealing with any emotional trauma. This is a time for me to relax, explore the new me, and figure out where I want to go from here. I'M SO EXCITED!!!

So that's where this blog comes in. It's for me to write about my new outlook on life, share my opinions, practice writing, hash out some philosophical questions, and enjoy the idea that I have nothing more important to do than update my blog. Over the next week or so I plan to give this blog a new look and new purpose.

Stay tuned!

P.S. Are you rolling your eyes thinking, Oh, God! She's one of those happy people I just want to shut up!? Don't worry. I'm really not. I have plenty of cynicism to go around, I just feel it's important to let the happy part of me out for air every now and then so it doesn't suffocate. She won't always be verbally vomiting all over my posts.

No comments: