My mind is racing too fast...but it's a good thing....kinda. Every summer I get insomnia because I can't sleep when my room gets hot, but also I'm excited about things.
For one, I went to my watercolor class, and I had a great time. The first one I went to was so-so, but this one filled in a lot of the knowledge gaps I had about the medium, and now I know what I'm going for. I chose watercolors on impulse because it's the medium I have the least amount of experience with. It's a lot different from the other forms of art I've done, and I'm excited to experiment with it more. I don't think anything is better than Prismacolor colored pencils *drool*, but I can get the hang of watercolor...if I can spare a couple hundred dollars for supplies.
Second, I know this seems small, but my mom is mailing my Legos to me. This weekend, my living room is going to be covered with the little plastic bumpy things that tear your feet apart when you step on them barefoot. I'm going to invite Al up, and it's going to be fabulous. Maybe I'll make a Lego easle to for my watercolors...or a pirate ship or whatever...
Third, I bought a couple of books on strokes that got some good reviews on Amazon. I was flipping through them picking out sections that looked interesting and relevant, and already they're answering questions and validating my observations. I can't wait to dig back through them tomorrow.
Fourth, Al and Sabrina know. *grin*
Fifth, I like cheese. It's such a great food. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have cheese.
Later,
Carolyn
Random Quote:
Steve's Parents: What are you getting Carolyn for your anniversary?
Steve: Colored pencils.
Steve's Parents Thoughts: What an asshole! He's going to lose her!
(They thought he meant the $2 Crayola colored pencils you buy in the kids aisle. In fact, he got me $100 set of 120 Prismacolors.)
1 comment:
Cheese is good :)
You can't sleep and i can't sleep in! Having a baby is killer on your beauty rest.
Post a Comment