Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I hate phones

There is so much going on in my life, I don't know if I can fit it all down.

I decided to apply for the referral intake job in West Seattle that will move to Kirkland. I've wanted this job since the moment I heard it was coming, and the move to Kirkland was the only thing stopping me...but I'm in Kirkland now. I don't know why I'm still scared of Kirkland. It's not a bad office, and I've made some friends. I just hate my current position. Betsy is going to start interviewing next week. Cross your fingers for me! I am going absolutely crazy in my current job. I can't keep going like this. It's affecting my quality of life and personal relationships.

My grandpa in California was admitted to the hospital Sunday night with kidney failure and a prognosis of a 1% chance of surviving. He gave his last rites, the family gathered, my grandpa was ready to go...and then my grandma called my mom on Monday, "Heidi! He came around! His kidneys are working!" My mom could hear him laughing in the background. This guy will not die! I don't mean that in a mean way, but he was told he only had 6 months to 2 years to live 8 years ago, and he has been admitted to the hospital several times and recovered from the most amazing organ failures. My grandma calls him Lazarus.

Still haven't gotten my Legos yet. I guess that's fine. I won't be seeing Al at all while Ben is back from Iraq, and she's the one who wants to play with them the most.

Dad Update:

I talked to my dad's physical therapist yesterday and was surprised and excited about what I heard. The PT told me that my dad has made a lot of progress the past couple of weeks. He has about 60% of motor control in his left leg and can do the entire range of motion. He recommended that my dad doesn't even use his wheelchair anymore, since his balance is great, and though he's slow, he can walk well. The most surprising was hearing that my dad does great with stairs. The PT takes him up about 8 stairs, and he says my dad can do it without a railing and no help. He's also cooperative and ambitious. WOW!!! This is the exact opposite of what I heard from the therapists at Woodland Park! It's also not at all what I saw while I was down there. I was told he reached a plateau with his recovery. I hope his mental functions are able to make the same spontaneous recovery.

As for the guardianship, my dad's lawyer is being an @$$hole and won't sign the court order because my dad is not happy where he's at. Nothing will make my dad happy except going home, but he can't go home yet. He still has some recovery to do. So...the guardianship is still in the name of my incapacitated grandpa. It's very frustrating.

Later,

Carolyn

Random Quote:

Steve's and my internet went out Saturday. The modem was fried. Steve bought a new modem, and that didn't work. A Qwest repair person came out and said that the signal to the building was fine, so the new modem must be defective. We didn't want to spend money for repairs, so we were getting ready to exchange the modem and switch to another company and live without internet for a couple of days when...

Steve: I'm a genius! I got our internet working!

Me: How? What did you do? How did you get the new modem to work?

Steve: I used the power cord that came with the new modem instead of the one from the broken modem.

No comments: