HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LIZ!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SCOTT!!!
That said...
It's been a fun relaxing. Friday, I went out to dinner at the Olive Garden with Ban Yen. We were there about 3 hours talking and catching up. She was a psych nurse who fought hard to get me my psych job back, and when she lost, she transfered to hospice. She's a great at what she does, but is sometimes tough to please. She used to intimidate me when I first started, but once you show her that you're a hard worker, she'll give you her utmost respest and she has a great sense of humor. I hope this is something we continue to do.
Saturday, Steve and I went to the Bellevue Arts Festival. There was an artist who did a terrific job with watercolors, better than I hope to ever do. Steve was also impressed with his stuff. I wish I got his name, but he was the only artist I thought worth the time. A person's art needs to be able to grab me off the street and yank me over to study it. Some potential artists, but nothing spectacular. I was mostly just glad to get out of my apartment.
Today, I'm working on my interiew skills and my resume to apply for a scholarship. I did most of the resume it last night, but I want it to be perfect. I don't know how slim my chances are, but I want to make them as many as possible. As for the interview skills, I can't help but be cynical. I'm so used to be screwed over in my jobs, that even though everyone tells me this job is as good as mine, I remain skeptical.
Later,
Carolyn
Random Quote:
Steve: When Batman calls for backup, he pushes a button on his shoe and a swarm of bats appear. When I called for backup, I just got Gus wandering up to the register.
~~~~~~~~~~
Steve: My copay on my inhaler is $30, which means I pay $1 a day just to breathe.
Me: My copay on my antidepressant was $30, which means I paid $1 for the will to live.
1 comment:
LOL!! Steve's quote about backups was hilarious!
Post a Comment